We’re all looking for fresh ways to make sweet potatoes… My Spicy Lime Sweet Potato Mash is a fresh spin on flavors not usually paired with sweet potatoes. It’s bright, sweet, and savory — and Paleo, vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, and… gluten-free. Phew! Bases are covered, my friends.
Here’s why I think you’ll like this one.
As if you needed more of a sales pitch at this point right? So we’ll focus on the basics: it’s only 6 ingredients (and that’s if you’re counting the salt). It’s done in about 20 minutes. Costs maybe… $12 for the main ingredients? And can feed 6 adults.
And the only specialty kitchen tool you might need to pick up is a microplane or something that will allow you to zest a lime. But that’s easy…
If this is up your alley, then keep scrolling.
Let me know how it worked out.
And if scrolling turned into cooking, then I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! What did you serve it with? Were you serving it to anyone with dietary restrictions? If so, did they enjoy it? Have an idea for how you’d like to serve it next time? Let’s swap ideas in the comments below!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp butter (substitute as preferred for Vegan)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Peel, cube, and boil the sweet potatoes until fork tender — about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the room temperature butter with the spices, zest, and salt until smooth.
- Drain the potatoes. In the same pot, add the spiced butter to the boiled potatoes and mash.
- Serve warm.