Rosemary Roasted Carrots
Ever buy that pack of fresh herbs in the grocery store and have a couple sprigs leftover that you don’t know what to do with? Happens to me all the time.
Here’s why you’ll love these rosemary roasted carrots.
I really hate throwing food out. It’s a personal mission of mine to find a way to use everything I buy, and those fresh herb packets are notorious.
How do you usually prepare a carrot side dish? (Or… do you?)
I spent five years as a dedicated Paleo follower and got in the habit of finding tasty, non-salad ways of eating veggies. Roasting became my go-to. But even with a coating of ghee and a proper seasoning blend, it did feel a bit monotonous at times.
The bright rosemary and lemon really livens up carrots. I hope you give it a try!
Share how they worked for you.
We’re all food lovers here. Did you tweak the recipe at all? What’d you serve these with? Comment below and help others get some new ideas for dinner this week.
- 3 cups carrots cut into half-inch slices
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Toss the sliced carrots in the olive oil, salt, and dried rosemary.
- Arrange seasoned carrots on a lined baking sheet pan and roast for 25 to 30 minutes
- Remove roasted carrots from the oven and toss in lemon zest; serve warm.
Leave a Comment