Once you’ve made a batch of Lemon Pepper Pesto, this recipe should be on your radar. Toss with a portion of the pesto with roasted potatoes and you’re set.
Here’s why I think you’ll like this recipe.
This is an excellent side dish that is Paleo-friendly, gluten-free, vegetarian, pescatarian and vegan. Not always easy to find something to make where all of those diets intersect. So if you need to find something “safe” to serve, this recipe is a good candidate. (Though, it is not keto-friendly.)
I also liked how it doesn’t need to be served piping hot. Of course it’s great when the roasted potatoes are fresh out of the oven, but even if it hangs out at room temperature for a while, you won’t sacrifice texture or flavor.
Let us know how it turned out for you.
What did you end up serving this alongside? Did you mix anything else in, such as shredded rotisserie chicken or maybe some andouille or kielbasa sausage? Let’s swap ideas in the comments below!
- 1 pound baby red potatoes quartered
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ cup Prepared Lemon Pepper Pesto
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Toss the quartered potatoes in avocado oil, season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Transfer to a Silpat-lined baking sheet pan.
- Roast the potatoes for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly — let them rest about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted potatoes back to the mixing bowl and toss with a quarter cup of prepared Lemon Pepper Pesto. Serve warm.