Sweet Corn & Bacon Potato Salad
We all have a place in our hearts for classic potato salad. But sometimes you either personally want to break out into something creative, or you want to serve something a little extra special. Either way, the added ingredients of sweet corn, crisp bacon, fresh scallions, and a homemade zesty dressing transform classic into crave-able.
I think you’ll like this recipe for a few reasons.
Those pops of sweet corn… the crunch of salty chopped bacon… the bright scallions… It’s exactly right. Even though this is dressed up, it still feels like a traditional potato salad.
And since you’re making nearly everything from scratch, you can feel good about setting this recipe on the dinner table.
How’d it turn out for you?
Once you have a chance to make this potato salad, we’d love to hear how it went! What’d you end up serving it with? How did everyone like it? Did you use canned or fresh corn? Any fun twists to the recipe? Let’s swap ideas below in the comments!
For the Salad
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes (about 6 cups once quartered)
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels (canned or off the cob)
- 3 scallions thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 9 slices bacon (about 1 cup's worth once cooked and chopped)
- 3 stalks celery finely diced (about 1 cup's worth)
For the Dressing
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the baby red potatoes whole until fork tender; about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile thinly slice the scallions, finely dice the celery. Measure two cups of sweet corn kernels (this is equal to about 1 standard size can).
- Cook the bacon slices as preferred and chop.
- Once the potatoes have cooled enough to handle, cut into quarters and transfer to a mixing bowl large enough to prepare the full salad recipe.
- Add the scallions, celery, corn, and bacon to the potatoes.
- Make the dressing by combining all listed ingredients using a whisk and bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and other ingredients waiting in the large mixing bowl. Gently toss to combine (I like using a larger rubber spatula for this step), evenly coating the well-distributed vegetables and bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour to sufficiently cool before serving.
Leave a Comment